Fully supported metal roofing & cladding
Zinc Roofing and Cladding
Traditional metal roofing and cladding (such as copper and zinc roofing and cladding) is the cornerstone of our company. Longworth is one of the founding members (and one of the largest companies) in the Federation of Traditional Metal Roofing Contractors (FTMRC), which has been growing rapidly since we joined in 1999. You can see many of our projects on the FTMRC website as examples of the standards expected.
We have vast experience in undertaking projects of all sizes using traditional metal products such as zinc, copper, aluminium and stainless steel. We have provided a full design and build service for many of the most prestigious traditional projects in the UK, including two of the largest zinc roofing and cladding projects in the UK (in 2015 and 2016), including full through roof/wall construction.
- Fully supported by a continuous insulated or ventilated substrate.
- Available in a wide range of materials such as stainless or coated steel, aluminium, copper and zinc.
- Available with different jointing techniques such as standing seams, batten rolls or welts (depending on pitch and location or aesthetical requirement).
- A very traditional looking system used for architectural buildings, installed by craftsmen, formed on-site using hand tools.
- Guaranteed with a long lifespan (usually over 50 years).
Projects that have used Fully supported metal roofing & cladding
Morgan Sindall PLC
Blackburn College Beacon Centre
Bardsley Construction Ltd
Holdcroft Extra Care Facility
86-90 Duke Street
Wates Construction Ltd
What our clients say
"The efforts during the construction stage of the works must be commended. The quality of the finished product is evident to anyone who cares to visit the campus at Stockport College."
Tom Herd - Senior Design Manager, Wates Construction