Cladding in Coventry 10 May 2018
Rainscreen Cladding in Coventry for GTB
Longworth are delighted to announce that they have been awarded the rainscreen cladding (external facade) package by Galliford Try Building at their Paradise Street Development in Coventry. Longworth’s bid was led by Managing Director, Paul Smith and Senior Estimator, Gerald Bell. The contract is to complete the detailed design, supply and installation of:
- Genius Planar vertically-laid extruded anodised aluminium insulated cladding system
- Genius Secret-fix Cassette perforated PPC aluminium insulated cladding system
- Genius Linear Panel anodised aluminium insulated soffit cladding system
- 3.0mm thick polyester powder coated aluminium secret-fix copings
- 3.0mm thick polyester powder coated aluminium flashings/trims
The development, designed by FBM Architects, will house over 900 students is now starting to take shape on the city’s ring road. The construction of the 922-bed Paradise Street site is being undertaken by Galliford Try’s Building East Midlands business following a £52.5 million deal with the Elite Group.
The halls will be built across three blocks of 10, 12 and 14 storeys and two blocks of 3 storey town houses on the site of a former garage close to the city centre.
What our clients say
"The efforts during the construction stage of the works must be commended. The quality of the finished product is evident to anyone who cares to visit the campus at Stockport College."
Tom Herd - Senior Design Manager, Wates Construction