Chinese Studies Nottingham
Lewis & Hickey
The new low-carbon Si Yuan Centre has been built to house the university’s School of Contemporary Chinese Studies (SCCS).
It will be a leading national and international institute dedicated to research and degree programmes about the study of China.
Longworth was required to provide the majority of the building envelope, which involved zinc cladding, membrane/green roofing, aluminium cladding and perimeter feature bullnoses and soffits.
- VM Zinc Quartz (pre-weathered) + full substrate
- VM zinc Anthra (Black) traditional standing seam
- PermaTEC Hot Melt flat roof coverings
- Armourplan Single ply roof membrane
- Green roofing
- Microrib composite panels – Kingspan
- Anodised aluminium
What our clients say
"Longworth's knowledge, hands-on attitude and wealth of experience allows them to work with the architect and project team to turn complex designs into reality. We commend their positive and cooperative attitude towards design."
Jason Duggan - Architect, Capita Symonds