Longworth SHEQ Manager Joins IOSH Committee 10 Sep 2018
Melissa joins the IOSH Committee
Longworth SHEQ Manager, Melissa Fazackerley, is now a part of the IOSH Committee for Manchester and North West Districts Branch. This is the largest IOSH district and should allow Melissa to make a real impact in the future of health and safety initiatives in construction.
As a pivotal and influential branch of IOSH, their objectives include:
- To promote high standards of health, safety and wellbeing for people at work and people affected by work activities.
- To provide a support to IOSH members, in their professional development.
- To increase the number of members participating in branch activities.
- To contribute towards the professional development of branch members through our mentoring programme
- To encourage people to attend our branch meetings.
- To encourage people to enter the profession of occupational safety and health.
- To establish relationships with other local IOSH branches.
- To promote and encourage the benefits of IOSH membership and the development of the profession.
- To provide a facility for branch members to have both professional and social interaction.
- To provide a regular programme of events relevant to the professional interests of branch members.
- To ensure branch events are properly planned, managed and evaluated.
- To provide resources from branch events (including PowerPoint Pretentions, etc.).
Melissa’s role within the Manchester and North West IOSH Branch will be to promote this message, arrange speakers, attend committee meetings and develop the branch to grow and become more influential within in construction in the North West region.
This is obviously fantastic news for the world of Health and Safety professionals as well as those working in the construction industry. A fresh pair of eyes and a different perspective can only be a positive thing for the industry. Melissa’s knowledge and dedication will be a great asset to the Manchester and North West IOSH district.
Melissa will have an active involvement in promoting the good work of IOSH via their various social media platforms and website. If you would like to promote good practice then please don’t hesitate to contact Melissa with your news.
What our clients say
"The efforts during the construction stage of the works must be commended. The quality of the finished product is evident to anyone who cares to visit the campus at Stockport College."
Tom Herd - Senior Design Manager, Wates Construction